Programa de donativos
- Fostering Alliances
- Community Development
- Berklee in Puerto Rico
- Revive La Música
- Musical Tradition
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Liaison
- Contribute your time
- Proyectos Especiales
- Fondo Colaborativo
- Premio a la Excelencia
- Fondos Dotales
- Lucha por el Futuro
Hit your Home Run!
Donate to Carlos Delgado’s Extra Bases organization and help the Puerto Rican youth achieve a better future.
We believe that every student is entitled to receive an excellent education and to develop and achieve their full potential. To help make this possible, we give top priority to supporting innovative teaching and learning processes through strategies suitable to different audiences in projects such as:
- The New School Institute (“Instituto Nueva Escuela”) trains teachers who celebrate learning by focusing on the student and providing them with a peaceful environment in which to learn.
- Our School (“Nuestra Escuela”) promotes comprehensive education with relevant programs that encourage the return to school and inspire vocational and academic goals in our youth.
- Santo Domingo Savio Corporation (“Corporación Santo Domingo Savio”), after-school program that provides a safe space where our youth receive homework assistance while they also develop their talents in the arts and sports.
Three decades of experience in the field of philanthropy have taught us that to have a tangible and lasting impact in the quality of public education, we must support best practices, innovation, and the professional development of teachers.
We support non-profit organizations with projects focusing on the following areas:
- Community support for schools – initiatives focused on supporting specific schools and their immediate geographic environment (parents, businesses and neighbors, among others).
- Scholarships – Monetary endowments to pay for studies at elementary, intermediate and high school levels.
- Teacher Training – Seminars, workshops and other activities conducive to the professional development of teachers.
- Leadership and Volunteer Development Activities that foster the development of individual and collective skills to address important issues at all levels, favoring volunteer work.
- Arts Education – Initiatives that enhance students’ sensibilities to appreciate the different expressions of the arts.
- Special education – Education and service activities aimed at students with particular conditions, physical or mental, that help participants achieve their maximum potential.
- Vocational education – Programs that teach an occupation and provide the tools to obtain the official valid certification.
- Mentoring – Individual or collective efforts that foster the involvement of adult volunteers with youth in an informal teaching-learning relationship based on motivation, respect and empathy.
- School desertion prevention – Effective programs to retain students from first to twelfth grade enrolled in schools.
- After-school and tutoring programs – Assistance outside regular school hours to students in elementary, middle and high school, to promote studying and complete schoolwork.
- Library services – Assistance to promote reading and study using library resources, Internet access and audiovisual resources, among others.